Leslie Kaminoff’s Yoga Anatomy
& Tom Myers Anatomy Trains®
present a weekend workshop
December 15-16, 2012 | 9am-5pm
The Feldenkrais Institute 134 West 26th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001
For more information contact Edya by email or phone 646-416-4270
Join anatomy and movement pioneers and best-selling authors Tom Myers and Leslie Kaminoff as they co-present an amazing exploration of the core structures of the body, incorporating lecture, movement and video presentations. Not just for hands-on practitioners, this workshop will be invaluable for anyone who wants to experience more freedom of expression, movement and sensation.
Breathing is a whole-body movement that can integrate structural and physiological responses throughout our whole selves. This workshop will help you explore the breath response in your pelvis, expanding both your own felt sense and your ability to see and work with others.
- the ‘neutral’ pelvis and pelvic support
- pelvic joints and their response in posture, breathing and birthing
- the role of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles in the breath
- pressure systems and pelvic adhesions in the viscera
- the role of the ‘psoas complex’ in setting the stage for a whole-body breath